Odour is caused primarily by aromatic hydrocarbons. They are both environmentally and socially disturbing.
In certain cases, they can also be hazardous. Odour-causing chemical substances are normally found in extremely small quantities, and occur in many different combinations.
Methods of odour analysis are categorized according to whether they are applied in the field or in a laboratory environment. In addition to this, Studio okolje also utilizes different dispersion models that simulate the dispersion of odour in a given impact area.
Odour management methods:
- Direct field analysis by means of a handheld field olfactometer
- Analysis of field-extracted samples by the means of a laboratory olfactometer compliant with the standards of dynamic olfactometry EN17325
- Dispersion models
In our dedicated laboratory, we use the portable laboratory olfactometer we have developed in cooperation with the Scentroid Company. In contrast to the laboratory odour analysis method, where the air samples collected in the field are analyzed in a laboratory environment, odour can also be evaluated directly in the field by means of a field olfactometer. The latter, too, was developed by Studio okolje in cooperation with the aforementioned company.
In accordance with the above, we provide a comprehensive odour monitoring service:
- Consultations on odour monitoring
- Collecting samples of odour or polluted air
- Laboratory odour analysis
- Field odour analysis
- Odour dispersion analysis with CALPUFF or other dispersion models
- Conducting analyses and drawing up reports in desired format
- Analysis of the efficiency of measures taken to reduce the impacts of odour on the environment